Categories

Ads
US considers Pyongyang to ‘call attention’ with missile launch
image 7

Antony Blinken, head of US diplomacy© EVELYN HOCKSTEIN / POOL / AFP

The North Korean tests, two since last week, are “profoundly destabilizing”, “dangerous” and “contrary to UN Security Council resolutions”, lamented the US Secretary of State.

US diplomacy chief Antony Blinken considered this Thursday that North Korea probably wants to “catch the attention” of the international community by multiplying missile launches.

The North Korean tests, two since last week, are “profoundly destabilizing”, “dangerous” and “contrary to UN Security Council resolutions”, lamented the US Secretary of State on MSNBC.

“I think this is partly related to North Korea’s willingness to try to get attention. It has done that before and it will probably continue,” he added.

A day after Washington imposed new sanctions on people linked to Pyongyang’s weapons program, Blinken declared that the United States is determined, along with its allies, to have “repercussions, consequences for such acts by South Korea.” North”.

“A few months ago, we clearly said that we were willing to dialogue with the North Koreans”, “without preconditions”, to negotiate a “total denuclearization of the Korean peninsula”, recalled Antony Blinken.

“We clearly said that we had no hostile intent,” but “the only response in recent weeks has been in the form of these missile tests,” he lamented again.

Diplomacy has been at an impasse in the North Korean nuclear ‘dossier’ since the failure of the historic 2018-2019 summits between then US President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong-un.

Pyongyang has resumed ballistic missile tests in recent months, with six launches since September.

source: with agencies

Translator

Comments
All comments.
Comments