The Ferrari 296 GTB (Type F171) is a plug-in hybrid sports car designed by the Italian automobile manufacturer Ferrari, which is scheduled to be released in 2022. It was unveiled on 24 June 2021.
The 296 GTB was presented as the first “real Ferrari with six cylinders” on 24 June 2021. Previously, such models were offered as the Dino until 1974. The sports car is scheduled to go on sale in 2022. The 296 in the model name stands for the displacement and the number of cylinders, the GTB stands for Gran Turismo Berlinetta.
The 296 GTB is powered by a 3.0L (2992cc) 120° V6 twin-turbo engine that has a maximum output of 488 kW (654 hp; 663 PS) at 8,000 rpm, in combination with a 123 kW (165 hp; 167 PS) electric motor. The system output is given as 610 kW (818 hp; 829 PS). A high-voltage accumulator positioned under the floor with an energy capacity of 7.45 kWh (26.8 MJ) enables an electrical range of 25 km (16 mi). The sports car accelerates to 100 km/h (62 mph) in 2.9 seconds, the top speed is specified as over 330 km/h (205 mph).
- Ferrari 296 gtb Assetto Fiorano
The Assetto Fiorano is the track-oriented version of the 296 GTB.
- Ferrari 296 GTB Assetto Fiorano
To promote the launch of the 296 GTB, Ferrari did a collaboration with Epic Games to add the Ferrari 296 GTB as a drivable vehicle to online battle royale video game Fortnite Battle Royale, for Chapter 2: Season 7 of the game. The 296 GTBs were removed from the game after Chapter 2: Season 7 ended.
|Ferrari 296 GTB|
|Designer||Centro Stile Ferrari under Flavio Manzoni|
|Body and chassis|
|Class||Sports car (S)|
|Body style||2-door berlinetta|
|Layout||Longitudinal rear mid-engine, rear-wheel-drive|
|Engine||3.0 L (2,992 cc) F163 120° twin-turbocharged V6|
|Electric motor||2x YASA MGU-K dual-rotor single-stator Axial flux motor|
|Battery||7.45 kWh lithium-ion|
|Wheelbase||2,600 mm (102.4 in)|
|Length||4,565 mm (179.7 in)|
|Width||1,958 mm (77.1 in)|
|Height||1,187 mm (46.7 in)|
|Kerb weight||1,470 kg (3,241 lb) (base, dry)|
- ^ “Ferrari 296 GTB: defining fun to drive”. Retrieved 24 June 2021.
- ^ Paul Niocel (9 June 2021). “Ferrari Progetto F171 (2022) : L’héritière de la Dino est sur les rails”. Auto News.
- ^ Audric Doche (16 June 2021). “Ferrari nous donne rendez-vous le 24 juin”. Caradisiac.
- ^ Roland Hildebrandt (2021-06-24). “Ferrari 296 GTB: Mega-Plug-in-Hybrid mit 830 PS”. Motor1.com. Retrieved 2021-06-24.
- ^ Thomas Harloff, Jörn Thomas (2021-06-24). “Ferrari 296 GTB (2022): Dino-Nachfolger mit Hybrid-V6 und 830 PS”. auto motor und sport. Retrieved 2021-06-24.
- ^ “Fortnite x Ferrari Partnership Brings The Model 296 GTB In-Game”. Esports News Network | ESTNN. 2021-07-21. Retrieved 2022-02-05.